Laurie Quigley Saldaña
Laurie Quigley Saldaña had an active civil practice (representing both plaintiffs and defendants) for
18 years before transitioning to mediation full-time. As a civil practitioner, Laurie represented both individuals and businesses in multiple areas of the law, including: employment, business, construction, creditor’s rights, catastrophic personal injury, products liability, medical malpractice, insurance coverage, and Native American law. Laurie is on the Superior Court mediation panels for the following counties: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Fresno, Tulare, and Merced. Here is a sampling of the types of cases in which Laurie was instrumental in achieving a favorable result for her clients, either in trial, through dispositive motions, or during mediation:
- Defense of an international coffee company in personal injury claims;
- Defense of American Indian Tribes in wrongful termination and personal injury claims;
- Representation of general and subcontractors in various breach of contract and design claims;
- Representation of international banking institutions and farm credit agencies in claims relating to breach of lending documents and asset recovery;
- Representation of plaintiffs in automotive product liability claims;
- Recovery of tens of millions of dollars for multiple children in claims related to birth injuries and shaken baby syndrome;
- Representation of heirs in wrongful death cases arising from: semi-truck/vehicle collisions and medical malpractice;
- Representation of businesses (construction companies, food processors, farming enterprises, supermarkets, lending institutions) in various business related disputes.
Laurie is a volunteer mediator with Creative Mediation in San Luis Obispo, mediating cases for the San Luis Obispo County Courts. In addition, Laurie conducts Mandatory Settlement Conferences as a volunteer judicial officer with the Fresno County Superior Court. Laurie continuously seeks out educational opportunities and recently completed the following courses: “The Psychology of Conflict”; “Managing Reactions When in Conflict”; and “Conflict Coaching”.
Laurie received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Economy of Industrial Societies from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1988, and her Juris Doctor in 1991 from Hastings College of the Law.